17.8.12

New, more efficient date arrangement. 


I hit my first error in this so far. When I was banging this out, I wasn't really concerned with layout or page setup or anything, I was just trying to get a page count by guessing how much I could fit on a page.

I'd just guess how much I could fit on a page, then move on. If I felt it needed more or less room, I'd give it that.

I think I got pretty good at it, because I knew (planned) that there'd be places that I'd want to shorten or stretch once I actually got around to trying to put it on paper- as some things take more or less space than you imagine. But this is a predicament that I hadn't accounted for.

Yesterday I had, what we're guessing was, a migraine. It was right about the time I was trying to wrap my head around this problem, that everything in my vision started spinning. I fought with it for a pretty long time though. About an hour or two. It was about the time that I was going to throw up that I admitted defeat and went to lay down for the day. Today, I pretty easily figured out what the problem was that I was having.

There were two pages that needed to be together (facing each other), a single page, then immediately two more pages that had to be together. Yesterday I was trying to add or take a page from way before it to make it right, but I kept coming off wrong. Thanks to the room spinning, I didn't realize that there were two sets of pages right before that one page and right after it that had to be together.

The only thing I can do is stretch that one page. Easy enough, but man, I couldn't for the life of me figure out why it wasn't working yesterday.

It's weird because I don't get headaches. And it sucks because I had to miss RiffTrax Live.