Shut up and take my money

When I had these printed, I intended to always have them. What I mean is, I'd order small batches at a time when I ran out of the ones I had. All of the ones that exist are numbered out of 300. Figuring in that I'm not famous, I counted on always having them for sell for around the next 10 years or so.

I ordered them in sets of 10, I think. The first order may have been 20, but I don't remember. I know that I ordered at least 30 altogether. And then, immediately after a Ghost Rider debacle that everyone snowballed out of proportion, I got an e-mail from the printing company. Basically, they said decreed that they aren't printing ANYTHING that you don't own ALL the rights to.

My first thought was that I couldn't believe how fast (and spinelessly) they caved under a make-believe, nonexistent pressure. My second thought was that I was screwed. And that I felt like an idiot for numbering my 30 copies out of 300.

Yesterday, out of the blue, someone bought the last one I have (could find). Until then, I was just putting it off because I really didn't want to know whether or not they'd print more of them. I put in an order for 10 more yesterday, and today they said OK.

My first thought was that I couldn't believe how fast they went back on their own decree. Maybe I just got the guy that hates the job and doesn't pay attention to crap. Admittedly, I was kind of looking forward to an e-mail letting me know that they couldn't print it. I had planned to argue that I was pretty sure I owned the rights to the characters and that I couldn't see a problem. I thought it'd be funny arguing with them over any one character, if not all of them.

Too early to celebrate though, the guy that boxes it up might be paying closer attention than the guy that sits at the computer.

I looked at the printing invoice closely, and apparently they've changed printing machines. Their new machine can't staple 48 pages, they have to be perfect bound. 44 is the new cutoff for stapled books. So that sucks. There was a pullout poster. There was a pullout poster.

So that's it, I guess. Companies are dumb.

Popular posts from this blog

Cover

Drawing Table Tuesday

10 YEAR POST