Drawing Table Tuesday

I drew this panel, but didn't like it. It's way too static and undynamic (I.e., blah). I took a picture, erased it all, and redrew it. Definitely turned out better the second time.
This is a pretty good example of why I try not to draw when I'm sleepy or unfocused (or at least, why I don't like to). If I just try to power through a page, chances are it'll turn out crappy and I'll just have to redraw it later (sort of a double waste of time). Sometimes you need some sleep, sometimes you just need a fifteen minute break, a deep breath, and a big eraser.

This is also a good example of why I use the paper I do. It's expensive, but it'll take a serious, merciless beating with an eraser without falling apart, so much so that I've never had trouble inking over a spot that's had some pretty massive erasure.

Popular posts from this blog

Cover

Drawing Table Tuesday

10 YEAR POST