Rails

I've noticed a real problem with blogger, and it's that when you upload an image that has a lot of white space, when it optimizes the image to whatever blogger has set those specifics to, it almost always turns the white space way darker. And this is a pretty good example of that.

Also, a while ago, I finally got around to integrating tumblr, something I've been planning but putting off for over a year now. I'd been using Flickr as an image hosting service, but they changed their setup and access to your images (a service I was paying for, mind you) to a super convoluted, counter-intuitive, long winded process that made it incredibly time consuming if you're working with more than just a few images. (I later became aware that I was part of a fairly large exodus that they caused when they changed their site.)

The only drawback is that once I cancel the account, all the images retroactively disappear on this site. Ah well...

Mostly, it (changing over to tumblr) was to change over to something that wasn't a pain to add new images to. A tumblr gallery is definitely easier, because I wanted something that I could just setup, seal off forever, and forget. Except when I want to add stuff, I guess.

Here are my elaborate notes before I started-
I guess it sort of lead to a minor site re-design. Not much of one, though, just what had to be done to add to some coherency.

I noticed that we've kind of taken a few steps backwards when it comes to webdesign. Thanks to most idiots people only having web access on their phones (and not even having a real computer), everyone web professionals insist you need to first design your site for mobile screens, then work from that to the normal, real computer version.

Pffft. To heck with that. I'm considering having a mobile version of my site that just says, "Get a real computer.", and that's it. Maybe a crudely drawn butt or something, too. Whenever you see a site that has a mobile design, it always looks like a geocities site from the 1990's. Also, it's my experience that the mobile version of sites are pretty useless and you always wish they just didn't have a mobile version because the normal version is far more navigable. 

Popular posts from this blog

Cover

10 YEAR POST

Drawing Table Tuesday