R.I.P. Computron

My computer finally went on to be with the Lord this last week.

I'd been having trouble with it for a couple months. It wouldn't turn on on command for about 6 months. It would take longer and longer to get it to turn on.

Towards the end, it would take multiple days to turn on. I just tried to keep it on and from turning off. This last time it was on for a couple weeks, but a breaker switched the other night, and she never turned back on.

This is my current computer. A couple hard drives and a USB adapter.

I'll take some time later to go through and pull out any parts I may be able to reuse. For now, I just had to rip out the hard drives as fast as I could and get files off them.

I'm pretty sure it was the motherboard. The power supply was fine. All the other stuff I thought it might be checked out fine by my standards. I'll probably have to buy a cheap motherboard soon and hobble something together real quick.

Depending on what parts I'm gonna need to end up buying, I'm guessing it'll be somewhere between $100 and $200. I need something cheap and quick.

It doesn't have to look pretty, it just was to work.

Man, if it's not one thing, it's twelve. Stuff like this keeps happening and my to-do-list isn't getting any shorter because of it.







Popular posts from this blog

Cover

Drawing Table Tuesday

10 YEAR POST