07-17-12

A couple days ago I stopped using Facebook. It was a long time coming. I didn't like it anymore and I didn't really use it. The only thing I ever used it for was a crappy version of e-mail. By "stopped using Facebook", I mean I deleted my account. Just one less unnecessary thing I have to give a crap about.

Also, I do have a twitter account, but I don't really use it the way everyone else does. I wanted a changing line of text somewhere and it's easier to use twitter than making a text file and uploading it.

I need to update a few things, but probably won't get around to it for a while. I feel like I need to gallery-ize some comic work, panels or something, but I always start feeling like it's a waste of my time that's better spent doing something else.

Also, I had a thought last night. I have a problem with telling how much time has passed. Right now, I'm working on a small 3 - 3&1/2 page project. It wouldn't have taken this long to finish, but the power outage threw off my schedule by about 5 days. Anyway, I noticed that I've been gauging time by how often I've been drawing.

I just stopped working at a hotel, and while I was there I was working full time for the better part of two years. Because of that, I really only drew once a week. For most of two years, I got used to drawing once a week for a few hours.

Last night, I noticed that every day I worked on something from the day before, it felt like I hadn't done anything in a week- even though I'd worked the day before on it. That's what I'd realized; even though I've been working regularly, I've just been conditioned to feel like I hadn't done anything in a week every time I start drawing, every day.

I noticed when I was getting ready to start for the day and I was looking at the page and thought that it felt like forever since I worked on it. Then I noticed that I drew half the panels the day before, it just didn't feel recent.

Something weird I'm gonna have to get rid of.

Popular posts from this blog

Cover

Drawing Table Tuesday

10 YEAR POST